What is BOTOX Cosmetic ®?
BOTOX Cosmetic ® is a treatment for wrinkles caused by repeated movements. The most commonly treated areas include:
The lines around the eyes known as crows feet caused by squinting or smiling
The horizontal lines across the forehead caused by raising the eyebrows
The lines & folding of skin between the eyebrows caused by frowning
Is it Safe?
Yes! BOTOX ® has been available for 20 years, and has been used to treat many diseases. In fact, it is used in children as young as 2 years old to treat cerebral palsy.
It has been proven to be very safe through extensive testing and research. BOTOX Cosmetic ® is an approved drug used to treat patients for cosmetic wrinkles.
Will it give me food poisoning?
No, it is not toxic to you. / No it is not a poison.
Is it botulism?
No – BOTOX Cosmetic ® is not botulism and it will not cause food poisoning. To clarify, Botulism is the name of an illness.
Isn’t BOTOX Cosmetic ® a toxin/poison?
The product is a natural, purified protein that is an approved drug used in very small doses. It comes from a naturally occurring bacterium – similar to how Penicillin comes from mold.
How do I know it won’t be toxic to me?
Typically, for a cosmetic treatment, you may receive under 100 units. To make someone remotely sick, you would have to receive OVER 35 times this dose all at one time, which would never happen. You really are getting VERY TINY doses.
How does it work?
BOTOX Cosmetic ® works by simply relaxing the muscles underneath the skin to create a smooth and refreshed appearance.
How long does the procedure take?
Generally, after the consultation, the procedure only takes up to 15 minutes. Since there is no downtime, you can do it on your lunch break, and no one would know you have had it done!
How quickly does it work?
It can take UP TO 2 WEEKS for it to take full effect. Usually we ask patients to wait the 14 days to pass in order to fully see the results.
How is it done?
It is injected with a very tiny needle (it only feels like a tiny little pinch).